Home Business Everything You Need to Know About Work Passes in Singapore

Everything You Need to Know About Work Passes in Singapore

Everything You Need to Know About Work Passes in Singapore

A work pass or work visa allows you to live and Work Passes Singapore, as opposed to just being a tourist there on vacation. Work passes are complicated and have different requirements depending on your nationality and job, so it’s important to talk with an immigration attorney if you’re interested in moving to Singapore. However, the following information will give you an idea of what to expect, who qualifies for work passes in Singapore, and the process involved in acquiring one of your own.

Is a work pass right for you?

A work pass is the most common type of visa for foreigners who want to Work Passes Singapore are issued by the government and allow you to stay and work in Singapore for a set number of years. It’s not possible for foreigners to apply for a work pass on their own, so it will be necessary for you to find a company that can sponsor your application.

The process of applying for a work pass is lengthy and requires significant paperwork, so it’s important that you have all the necessary documents before beginning the process, as well as plenty of time on your hands. Once approved, the Ministry of Manpower will send you an offer letter that includes all the conditions of your work pass. If accepted, they’ll give you a two-week window during which you must enter Singapore with no intention of leaving again.

What kind of work passes are there?

Work passes in Singapore are visas granted by the Ministry of Manpower that allow you to work and live in the country. Once you are employed, your employer will apply for a work pass on your behalf. There are two types of work passes: Employment Pass (EP) and S Pass. The EP is usually granted for occupations with high skill levels or if you have worked with the company for over 12 months. The S pass is designed for lower-skilled occupations such as cleaners and construction workers.

To apply for an EP, you need a degree from any recognized university (no more than 2 years old), at least 3 years’ experience, and an Employer’s Statement from your employer confirming that they can accommodate your salary range.

How do you apply for a work pass?

First, you will need to have a job offer from a company. Then, you can go on the government Work Passes Singapore website and register for your work pass application. After that, you will need to submit your passport and supporting documents of your employment offer. Finally, you’ll get a call for an interview with the Ministry of Manpower and if all goes well, they’ll grant you your work pass! If you’re looking for work, or have a job offer lined up and are considering moving to Singapore, you’ll need a work pass. Before applying, it’s important that you know the requirements, documentations and considerations.

The first step is to decide if your current occupation qualifies as one of the skilled occupations listed on the Ministry of Manpower’s website. If so, then your employer can apply for your work permit through a Job Seeker Pass (JSP). If not, then you’ll need to find an employer who can apply for a Foreign Worker Employment Pass (FWEP) on your behalf.

How long does it take to get approved?

The approval process takes a few months. The first step is to apply for the employment pass through your company’s HR department and submit it online with two passport sized photographs and an ID card or driver’s license. If the application is successful, you will be issued an Application Approval Notice which allows you to collect your Work Passes Singapore from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) Centre.

The ICA will then conduct a criminal records check on you before issuing a letter of approval for your work pass. Your company will then make an appointment for you at the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) office where they will submit your completed application form and supporting documents including any medical certificates required.

Can I upgrade my status after applying?

Unfortunately, you cannot upgrade your status after applying. But don’t worry, there are other ways for you to get a better status. If you’re a working adult who has been Work Passes Singapore for at least 5 years and is earning more than $4,000 per month, you can apply for the Long Term Visit Pass or the Employment Pass. If you’re not earning that much but still have 3 years of stay under your belt then you could apply for the S-Pass. The key thing to remember when it comes to Work Passes Singapore is that they all come with their own set of restrictions so be sure you’re choosing the right one before proceeding. There are three different types of Work Permits in Singapore: Employee Pass, Self-Employed Person’s Pass, and Social Enterprise pass. It’s important to note that if you’ve recently changed jobs from being an employee to self-employed person or vice versa, you may need a new work permit as well.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here